Compliance & P2 In Water Quality Initiatives
|Description:||Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) partnered with the Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP), the Minnesota Office of Environmental Assistance, and other organizations and agencies to address water quality, regulatory integration, multimedia outreach, policy planning and regional/national networking. MPCA launched a project to support water quality initiatives. The objectives was to develop compliance and assistance activities that focus on:
1) Environmental protection through preventive practices;
2) Expanding the network of potential partners interested in preventive environmental protection among local community and watershed organizations, agricultural and land development interests;
3) Establishing new or strengthening existing partnerships between MPCA and non-regulatory assistance organizations that are critically needed for effective deployment of non-point and point source protections;
4) Evaluating environmental, social and economic measures of prevention practices in non-point and point source scenarios;
5) Implementing appropriate measures for the specific project;
6) Providing a grant, if necessary, to a non-regulatory technical assistance provider(s) to help develop and implement the compliance and assistance tools.
In related work MPCA pollution prevention (P2) staff coordinated pollution prevention planning and implementation to reduce phosphorus levels found in regional surface water bodies and in the Gulf of Mexico.
MPCA P2 staff also worked with its partners to initiate four separate projects, which will:
1) Identify two to five pilot projects that integrate preventive practices into regulatory programs;
2) Develop session topics and recruit moderators and speakers for the Pollution Prevention and Sustainability Track conference;
3) Work with communication experts within the Agency to explore a phased approach for developing a communication plan for the P2 regulatory integration
4) Monitor Air Quality programs activities to identify future opportunities for P2 integration.
There are no reports associated with this project.
Below is a list of organizations with individual contacts that are funding this project.
Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP) - Partner
University of Minnesota Gateway
200 Oak St., Suite 350
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455
There are no individuals in this organization
associated with this project.
Organizations Receiving Funding
There is no organization designated as receiving funding for this project.
One East Hazelwood Drive; Champaign, IL; 61820; (800) 407-0261; email@example.com