Pennsylvania Energy And Environmental Challenge Grant Program (Peec)
|URL:|| http://www.depweb.state.pa.us/energy/cwp/view.asp?a=3&q=4827... |
|Description:||The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) used the grant funds to support the Pennsylvania Energy and Environmental Challenge (PEEC) Grant program. The PEEC Grant program allows DEP to form better relationships with business and research institutions. DEP selects PEEC Grant recipients based upon the following project concentrations:
1) Sustainable use of natural resources (e.g., projects that will result in reductions of natural resource use or contamination, or reductions in the dependence on fossil fuels);
2) Climate change mitigation (e.g., reducing or mitigating the amounts and/or effect of greenhouse gases - carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, perfluorocarbons, hydrofluorocarbons, and sulfur hexafluoride);
3) Ground level ozone mitigation (e.g., projects that result in emission reductions of nitrogen oxide and/or volatile organic compounds, particularly in metropolitan areas);
4) Enhancement of biological diversity (e.g., projects that encourage the use of ecological practices that address wetlands and land use and their affect on biological diversity. Projects may include integration of water use and land use, and the building of sustainable communities to conserve and protect natural resources); and
5) Toxics reduction in the environment (e.g., projects that result iin the reduction of priority persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic chemicals in hazardous waste by fifty (50) percent by 2005.)
There are no reports associated with this project.
Below is a list of organizations with individual contacts that are funding this project.
U.S. EPA Region 3 - Partner
1650 Arch Street (3PM52)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103-2029
There are no individuals in this organization
associated with this project.
Organizations Receiving Funding
There is no organization designated as receiving funding for this project.
One East Hazelwood Drive; Champaign, IL; 61820; (800) 407-0261; email@example.com