GLRPPR Conferences, Webinars, and Training
Help out GLRPPR by filling out the In-Kind
By completing the In-Kind
Contribution Form every time that you invest your time in GLRPPR
activities, you have the opportunity to help sustain the program.
There are no meetings currently scheduled.
- During Fall 2012, GLRPPR partnered with the Illinois Sustainable Technology Center on a series of sustainble electronics webinars. See the archives of these and other sustainablity presentations on ISTC's Sustainablilty Seminars page.
- GLRPPR partnered with the Pollution Prevention Information Center (P2RIC) and the Western States Pollution Prevention Network (WSPPN) on the P2Rx Social Media and Behavior Change Webinar Series. Links to the archives of all of the webinars in this series are available on the P2Rx web site.
Archived webinars are available on GLRPPR's YouTube channel.
- Using EPA's Pollution Prevention Greenhouse Gas and Cost Calculators to Measure Environmental Outcomes
- E3 in Agriculture -- Montana's Experience (June 5, 2014)
Speaker: Myla Kelly, Peaks to Prairies Information Center (U.S. EPA Region 8's P2Rx Center)
- Using the TRI P2 Data Tool (June 4, 2013)
Speaker: Daniel Teitelbaum, U.S. EPA Office of Environmental Information
- Beyond Energy Efficiency: Behavior Change Tactics for the Pollution Prevention Community (January 17, 2013)
Speaker: Susan Mazur-Stommen, Director of Behavior and Human Dimensions Program at the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE)
- Pollution Prevention Information: What's Out There and Where to Find It (December 13, 2012)
Speaker: Laura L. Barnes, GLRPPR Executive Director
- Illinois Conservation of Resources and Energy (ICORE): The Beginning: October 1, 2008 to September 30, 2010 (July 19, 2012)
Speakers: Dan Marsch and Mike Springman, Illinois Sustainable Technology Center
GLRPPR Executive Director Laura L. Barnes has worked extensively with librarians who are interested in greening their operations and becoming sustainability leaders in their communities. A collection of her papers, presentations, webinar archives, and resource guides is available on the Prairie Research Institute Library web site.
- March 2014 Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention Roundtable Meeting, held March 31, 2014 in Cleveland, OH. [State updates]
- September 2013 Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention Roundtable Annual Meeting, held September 24, 2013 in Plainfield, IN.
- 2012 Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention Roundtable Annual update, held August 15, 2012 in Chicago, IL. This meeting was also broadcast as a webinar. See the recap page for a link to the archive.
- Region 5 P2 Web Meeting - March 17th, 2010
- The 2009 Region 5 and 7 Joint Conference, held June 3-5, 2009 in Indianapolis, IN
- The 2008 Region 5 and 7 Joint Conference, held April 9-11 at Omaha, NE.
- 2007 Great Lakes/Great Plains P2 Conference, held March 13-14 at US EPA's office building in Chicago.
- 2006 Strategic Planning Meeting, held February 22-23 in Chicago, Illinois
- 2005 Summer Conference, held August 25-26 in New York, New York
- 2005 Winter Conference, held March 9 in Chicago, Illinois
- 2004 Conference, held September 23-24 in Columbus, Ohio
- 2003 Summer Conference, held August 6-8, 2003 in Erie, PA
- 2003 Winter Conference, held March 5-6, 2003 in Chicago, IL
- 2002 Summer Conference, held August 26-28, 2002 in Toronto, Canada
- 2002 Winter Conference, held in Chicago, IL
- Previous Conference Attendees
Hosts for these conferences were the Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention Roundtable, Great Lakes Green Chemistry Network, University of Illinois, Illinois Sustainable Technology Center, Clean Production Action, GreenScreen, National Pollution Prevention Prevention Roundtable, and the Safer Chemistry Challenge Program. These conferences were funded through a Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Grant.
- 2014 Great Lakes Green Chemistry Conference: Innovating for Success
- 2012 Catching the Wave - Green Chemistry and Economic Development in the Great Lakes Region